ABOUT: ARTWORK & FILE PREPARATION
Acceptable file formats for printing
- EPS (Encapsulated Post Script)
- AI (Adobe Illustrator)
- PDF (Adobe PDF)
- PSD (Adobe Photoshop)
- JPG (High Resolution JPEG)
- TIFF (High Resolution TIFF)
These files are line art, scalable to any size and never lose resolution, image will stay clean and crisp.
Follow these tips for Vector Files:
Save files as an EPS, AI or PDF. When submitting these files be sure you have converted all fonts to outlines or curves. Vector files can be submitted at any size proportionate to the sign size ordered, please be sure to note the scale when ordering.
These files are pixel based images, so when the image/file is enlarged it may become blurry/pixilated if the image/file is not high resolution.
Follow these tips for Raster Files:
Save files as a PSD, JPG, TIFF. Please follow the guidelines below:
- 100% scale (full size output) at 100 dpi
- 50% scale at 200 dpi or higher
- 25% scale at 300 dpi or higher
- 10% scale at 600-1200 dpi recommended
Thumbnail sized JPG’s or images taken off general websites are not at a high enough resolution to be used on large prints like banners.
Vector vs. Raster
Raster ArtworkVector ArtworkOutlined Text
- Convert all text to outlines/curves
- Size design proportionate to the banner you are ordering
- If your banner size exceeds 216” or 18’ you will need to scale your artwork down. You can go to half size or 1/10th scale.
- To prevent any important text or images from falling onto the hemline or be interrupted by a grommet, you will want to keep that information at least 2” away from edge of the design
- No bleeds are necessary on standard finished products, please check the product templates for additional set up information on stands and retractor files.
- Files that exceed 500 MB will not be accepted.
Large format artwork requires a 1″ bleed:
- All Banners
- Signs over 36″ in either direction
- All Window Graphics
- All Canvas Prints
Small format artwork requires a 1/4″ bleed (.25″):
- Signs under 36″ in either direction
- Decals & Labels
All Print Products require a 1/8″ bleed (.125″)
Please inquire about a template if you have any concerns. We have a template for everything!
Letter Height Viewing Distance
360 ft (city block)
1320 ft (1/4 mile)
Minimum Letter Height
All products are printed using the Process color model CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black ink), not all PMS colors can be matched 100%. If a specific PMS color is needed, please let us know when you submit the order, we will do our best to meet that specified color.
If files are submitted in RGB, color shifting may take place and we will can not be held responsible for the color shifting in RGB files.
Files under 20MB can be emailed to Design@LolaRedDesign.com, please include the details of what you would like to order along with your contact information.