ABOUT: VEHICLE GRAPHICS
How Effective are Vehicle Graphics for Marketing?
In a word: VERY!
A vehicle wrap has many benefits that the exceedingly more expensive traditional media lacks, check out the vehicle wrap facts below from the Outdoor Advertising Association of America:
- Mobile advertising can be the most effective and efficient form of outdoor advertising, reaching more consumers at a lower Cost Per Thousand Impressions (CPM) than any other form of outdoor advertising.
- More than 95% of Americans are reached by media targeting vehicle drivers and passengers.
- The average American has traveled 302 miles in the past 7 days.
- One vehicle wrap can generate between 30,000 – 70,000 impressions daily.
- Federal Highway Administration study forecasts a sharp increase in the amount of time spent in personal vehicles and the number of trips per household.
Fleet vehicle wraps are ideally suited for various types advertising campaigns, including new product launch, and event marketing and are increasingly being used as part of the marketing mix.
- Fleet vehicle advertising boosts name recognition 15 times greater than any other form of advertising.
- Transit advertising has grown to be the second largest segment of the outdoor advertising industry in terms of dollars spent representing 19% (as of 2003). The Outdoor Advertising industry has nearly doubled since 1993 from $1.19B to $2.09B in 2003. These numbers continue to grow each year.
- Eight out of ten Americans report they have walked in a town, city or downtown area, on average 6.1 miles in the past seven days. This pedestrian traffic represents a significant opportunity for advertisers.
The Key to Successful Vehicle Graphics
The KIS Theory: KEEP IT SIMPLE!
Because seconds matter with vehicle graphics, keep your brand recognition very simple. Your logo should be big enough to be legible, your branding colors should have great contrast, and your information should be kept to just the phone number, website and tagline. If you are going to include more, keep it to a short bullet point list of 3-4 items. Seriously, most people will not rely on vehicle graphics to learn all about a company. That is typically reserved for a brochure and website. And when vehicle graphics are actually viewed at an average distance of 20 feet away or zooming by at fast speeds, you want to be sure your brand is
heard seen loud and clear. Simplicity is key!
What to Expect from Vehicle Graphics
Although we use only the highest quality products and installation methods in the industry, printed and laminated vinyl is not paint. We find it imperative that our customer’s level of expectations be set prior to starting any vehicle graphic campaign.
It has been our experience that most customers new to vehicle wrapping believe the final product will look like paint with no imperfections.
THIS IS NOT THE CASE
A wrap will look similar and perform much the same functions as paint, yet a wrap is not sprayed on by a machine or baked in an oven. A wrap is installed with a pressure and temperature sensitive vinyl. We can produce a paint-like finish, as close as possible and at the same time, may have minor imperfections.
LET US EXPLAIN
First, let us explain how we design, produce, and install a vehicle wrap so that you will have a better understanding of the entire process, and then take you through the basic variations that can cause minor imperfections in any vehicle wrap.
All vehicles are different in size, shape, age, wear and tear, as well as paint types, etc. We use photographs and vehicle templates to design your wrap. This gives our designers an almost to scale rendition of your vehicle for them to begin the design and layout process. These templates are one-dimensional representations of a three-dimensional vehicle. They do not show compound or complex curves, gaps or raised surfaces.
When we prepare the print files, we will divide the completed artwork files into several panels for ease of installation or to fit within a maximum 52” wide print area. These panels may at times overlap on the vehicle to produce a complete seamed image. In most cases, we strive to achieve a “seamless wrap”. This technique is advanced and part of the value we offer in our wrap process. The color of your printed wrap may vary slightly to the proofs viewed on a computer screen or printout. To maintain color accuracy, choose your color palettes while in our office or bring in a swatch of the colors you need to match.
Care and Maintenance of Vehicle Graphics
- Hand washing is best! NEVER use a pressure-washer as this can cause edge lifting. Automatic car washes are acceptable when utilizing the brush-type, not the pressure-washer type.
- Take care when using commercial and industrial-strength cleaners as some can cause spotting and/or bleaching of the laminate.
- Use only polishes and waxes approved for vinyl wraps. These are typically silicone-based formulas and are available for purchase at Lola Red Design Group.
- If gas or diesel fuel is spilled on the wrap, take care to remove it immediately. Constant exposure to gas or diesel fuel can damage the laminate and cause graphic failure.